Sunday 8 February 2009

So its ,narcoleptic Sunday again.I don't remember the last time i had a Sunday evening without being reminded that neither my brain nor body are of 'normal' functioning.I have no explanation for this, as to why i always have these episodes on Sundays or to why they differ from the other days. Generally, i suddenly get overwhelmingly tired, painfully so. I become so exhausted, so overcome with the need for sleep that at that point there is nothing i would trade in for it(should a situation ever occur where i was given that option..) "On this side we have a million pounds and Brad Pitt, on the other , sleep time.." There is no question as to where i would go, and i'm not about to be able to buy all the shoes i want .(Brad Pitt was a bad example as lovely as he is, hes just not my thing but i couldn't actually think of anyone i actually did fancy at that point. Yes, there is a delete button on my computer but this is all about allowing my thoughts as they come, pretty much how i always write really). But i'm digessing slightly. The usual overwhelming need to sleep is always accompanied by my trying to fight it. I think i have become so used to doing this over the years, in situations where it has been neccessary, that my brain kicks in to action almost automatically. Even if i am in a position where i could actually have a sleep , i try to fight it. The fact i also do this when it happens late at night, when M is in bed is evidence that there is little logic involved. And i never win anyway. Sundays are different though, i usually start off a bit cataplexic which soon turns into sleep paralysis. I feel my body gradually becoming paralysed, aware that i would be unable to move should i need to. The last thing to go tends to be my eyelids, but even when i become unable to keep them open my brain still isn't shut down as i am still able to hear , so tv becomes like radio until eventually i shut down completely. Often in the stage between my eyes closing and finally falling asleep i start hearing things which aren't really there, a kind of aural hallucination i guess. Hence the name 'narcoleptic Sunday'.

No comments: