Wednesday 4 February 2009

I've just woken up on the armchair so i'm feeling a bit vague. I think i must've been asleep for about three hours. Its always confusing ,waking up after suddenly falling asleep, trying to work out how long i was out for, if i recall knowing i was about to sleep and what was i doing immediatly before.
I'm not going to start documenting every time i fall asleep, that would be ridiculous as well as making a whole load of work for myself.I think if i did i would be horrified. Obviously i am fully aware of my 'sleep issues' but i have to try not to think about it all too much. In a way that of course thats not possible, my whole life is dictated by this condition and it is neccessary that i consider it in everything i do. But it needs to reside at the back of my mind, not up in front. As something i am quietly aware of but not emotionally overwhelmed by. The thing is , if i actually allowed myself to really consider just how much of my life i have lost and will continue to lose through narcolepsy, the humiliation and frustration of suddenly falling asleep, the impact it has on my daughters life, i don't honestly know if i would be able to cope. Now i've admitted that it won't be said again.

No comments: